What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- #MyMadisonDay! The best of the day in reporting, photos and tweets.
- Judith Davidoff asks why the DOJ skipped the initial appearance hearings for Capitol protesters.
- Judith Davidoff interviews Green Party candidate Jonathan Dedering, who is taking on Brett Hulsey for state Assembly.
- Nora G. Hertel reports on how neighbors are angry over an alder's support for the Ideal Body Shop redevelopment.
- Dave Cieslewicz assesses Act 10 chances in court.
- Jessica Steinhoff chats with Matt Gerding and Scott Leslie about their first five years at the Majestic Theatre's helm.
- Ben Munson zooms in on Dirty Projectors' "Hi Custodian," a companion film for the new album Swing Lo Magellan.
- Jessica Steinhoff asks Legs McNeil what inspired his new memoir, Girl With the Most Cake, and his magnum opus, Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk.
- Dean Robbins wonders why Showtime's Homeland can't be a tad more realistic.
- Kenneth Burns marvels at the dialogue in Your Sister's Sister and sneezes at the dialogue in Take This Waltz.
- Jacob Bielanski gives Wisconsin's Limburger cheese a closer look.
- Marcelle Richards cooks with fall dandelions... the cultivated kind.
- Liz Merfeld chronicles the Madison business FluGen, and its search for a better flu vaccine.
- Tell All looks for love in Craigslist's Missed Connections.
- Jason Joyce is all on about the Badgers -- not a word about the Packers interception.