What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Maggie Rossiter Peterman looks at Kathleen Falk's initiatives to curb alcohol abuse across Dane County.
- Vikki Kratz reports some little-known downsides to ATC's proposed power line.
- Former Madison chief David Couper to Barack Obama: Help, police!
- Wherever happened to gubernatorial wannabe Mark Green? You might be surprised.
- Susan Kepecs looks back at the Imitations, 1960s free-jazz stalwarts in Madison.
- Jessica Steinhoff talks to local jazz notables about the changing landscape of jazz venues.
- Kent Williams says Mickey Rourke strips vanity away in The Wrestler.
- Adam Powell opts for the Turkish menu at Oliva and finds a lot to love.
- Andy Moore is spending too much time on Facebook and not enough time writing "Close to Home."