What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Did the Greeks and Romans get high? Kevin Revolinski profiles local scholar D.C.A. Hillman, who says yes in The Chemical Muse while the UW says no.
- Bill Lueders examines a little-known contract clause in Lincoln School land deal.
- WMC seems to have reined in its rhetoric in response to recent criticism.
- Rick Berg argues that it's the Dems who are to blame for the current credit crisis.
- Vampires 'R Us: Rosemary Zurlo-Cuva takes a closer look at the nation's current love affair with the revenants.
- Susan Kepecs chats with Afropop doyenne Angelique Kidjo in advance of her stop at the Wisconsin Union Theater.
- Rich Albertoni meets up with the local rockers Kill Junior.
- Jennifer A. Smith profiles German author Stefan Rehberger, who's here on a writer's exchange.
- Jerry Minnich completes his culinary tour of Cottage Grove Road with Antojitos El Toril.
- Charles Lazzareschi reports on his recent win at the Dueling Chefs competition.
- UW-Madison professor Eric Sandgren discusses his awesome puppet regime just in time for Freakfest.
- The UW-Whitewater football squad is the real deal.