What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Madison resident Madeline Uraneck reports anew on her experiences as a Peace Corps volunteer in Africa.
- Vikki Kratz asks why Wal-Mart won't let Salvation Army kettle ringers come inside from the cold.
- Bill Lueders looks into complaints that city officials are harassing Water Utility workers.
- Rich Albertoni runs down the top ten Madison albums of 2008.
- Jessica Steinhoff reports on the Guitars for Vets program to help PTSD sufferers.
- Jay Rath previews The Nutcracker by the Madison Ballet.
- Adam Powell orders off the menu at Flavor of India --and tries the buffet, too.
- Local food books span the globe from the Dairy State to Sicily. The best of the bunch, as picked by Terese Allen.
- Katrin Madayag ducks into Focus Snow and Skate for some Red Bull and more.