What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Isthmus bestows its annual Cheap Shots awards to shameful public figures from the past year -- what an embarrassment of riches.
- Joe Tarr reports on the Overture Center's transition to new ownership.
- Christian Schneider tells us what democracy looked like in 2011, and doesn't appreciate the view.
- Isthmus arts critics look back at the best of 2011.
- Jay Rath talks to arts leaders about their hopes for 2012.
- Jessica Steinhoff talks to Madison songster Keefe Klug about Rock with REACH, the star-studded benefit album he organized.
- Bob Koch looks back at an early, important Camper Van Beethoven song ahead of their High Noon show.
- Dean Robbins says Jane by Design on ABC Family charms despite an improbable premise.
- Scott Renshaw lists his top 10 films of 2011.
- Linda Falkenstein looks back at the year in Madison's restaurants.
- Robin Shepard forecasts what's up for Wisconsin beer in 2012.
- Jason Joyce on the good-guy Wisconsin Badgers and the evil Oregon Ducks meetup in Pasadena.