What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Vision quest: In this week's cover story, historian David Mollenhoff shares his practical dream of what our lakes could be, if only we'd get off our butts.
- Not to be outdone, Marc Eisen sounds off on blue-green algae, dead fish and more.
- You think you like local music? Wait until you hear about Kiki Schueler, Madison's #1 fan, no contest. You're not even close.
- In theater, Jay Rath details the financial woes of Madison Theatre Guild, and Jacqueline West reviews the Rep's Carousel.
- Anne Strainchamps shares the joys of sangría (recipes included), and reveals her sordid child-rearing practices.
- Andy Moore goes to Summerfest, and doesn't have a very good time.
- And David Medaris 'fesses up to a shoe fetish.