What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Eric Hainstock, the Wisconsin youth who killed his high school principal in 2006, talks to Isthmus about his life before and after his crime, and why prison is a big improvement.
- The Dane County Timebank sets its sights on Allied Drive.
- Ruth Conniff looks at the downside of holding the Olympics in China.
- Tom Laskin previews the Sugar Maple Traditional Music Festival, featuring members of Bill Monroe's Bluegrass Boys and Mike Seeger, Pete's half-brother.
- What the heck are seaberries, aronia and gooseberries? Terese Allen reports.
- Raphael Kadushin revels in summer delights, including a drive to Mount Horeb's Bistro 101.
- Andy Moore gives the shocking details of his colonoscopy, photos included!
- David Medaris interviews Kevin Revolinski, who's written the definitive book on local hiking.