What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Isthmus writers tell the stories behind some of Madison's most familiar faces.
- Vikki Kratz reports on a proposed county ordinance mandating domestic partner benefits for outside contractors.
- Bill Lueders puts in a good word for newspapers.
- Take a ride on the 2008-09 classic music season at the Overture Center and Wisconsin Union Theater.
- Jentri Colello takes over the High Noon Saloon.
- Take a tour of the blooming Madison gastropub scene.
- Local food supporters -- you know who you are -- will want to attend Organic Valley's Kickapoo Country Fair next weekend.
- It's true -- DSW is great for shoe shopping.
- Ultramarathoner Danny Dreyer uses t'ai chi principles to reduce the wear and tear of long distance running.