What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Dynamic Duo: Jill Carson writes about two Madison nurses whose nonprofit brings medical supplies and help to Third World countries.
- Vikki Kratz asks whether the time has come for campaign finance reform in Wisconsin.
- Learn which Madison banks are in line to benefit from federal bailout.
- Bob D'Angelo writes from prison on what should be done with the Overture Center.
- Jennifer Smith profiles community theater folks. Guess what? They love what they do.
- Jessica Steinhoff interviews the jefe of the burlesque group Foxy Veronica's Peach Pies.
- Sandy Tabachnick previews Madison Opera's Madama Butterfly.
- Terese Allen has been thinking up new recipes that make ue of the leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
- Friends don't let friends carve a turkey with a dull knife. Katrin Madayag heads over to Wisconsin Cutlery for a sharpening, and checks out other useful gadgets too.
- Giving: This annual compendium of wish fulfillment is truly one-stop shopping. Area nonprofits express their wants, needs and desires in our Wish List; Mrs. Gift solves all your gifting quandaries and questions; and we even offer unusual holiday recipes and make travel suggestions. Gimme.