What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Nathan Comp investigates homelessness and near homelessness in Madison.
- Jason Shepard looks at the challenges facing Madison's new schools superintendent.
- Bill Lueders tells the story of a Madison teacher who was disciplined for teaching democracy.
- Marc Eisen chides the city for missed opportunities to work with developer Gary Gorman.
- Madison metal bands raise hell.
- Darwin Sampson takes over booking music at the Annex.
- Persepolis resists the Iranian theocracy.
- Anne Strainchamps drinks wine and eats chocolate cake.
- David Medaris sits down with Cheri Maples, the new dharma teacher on the block.