What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Roger Bybee explores how the community of Kimberly in the Fox Valley is fighting to save the industry that has sustained it.
- Bill Lueders asks whether the city of Madison destroyed a street.
- Jason Shepard sizes up the push for a Madison school spending referendum.
- Ruth Conniff explains what John McCain really stands to lose.
- Emily Mills looks at the lively world of drag kings.
- Rich Albertoni sits down with Madison rocker Lucas Cates.
- Our theater reviewers like Looking Glass Land by CTM and Brighton Beach Memoirs by MTG.
- What restaurant pairs nicely with a Wroblewski? Linda Falkenstein suggests literary bites for the Wisconsin Book Festival.
- Susan Kepecs visits Ma-cha Teahouse on Monroe Street.
- David Medaris visits the Treinen Farm Corn Maze near Lodi -- without his GPS.