What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Erik Gunn examines whether Madeline Neumann's fate was sealed when her parents refused to seek medical assistance in the cover story "Death by Prayer."
- Bill Lueders uncovers truth about illegal lawn signs in Monona, and explores who should get reward money in the Joel Marino murder investigation.
- How is the Chinese immigrant community in Madison anticipating the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing?
- Rick Berg explains why Barack Obama embraced offshore oil drilling.
- Paul Kosidowski previews the upcoming season's fare from local theater companies, including Overture, the Rep, APT, and others.
- Rich Albertoni checks in with music promoter Tom Klein, who continues to bring in up-and-comers to the Loft.
- Tom Laskin reports on the ongoing fundraising efforts at Broom Street Theater.
- Robin Shepard pairs brews with your summer grilling eats.
- Michael's comes up with custard only a dog could love.
- Jason Joyce explores how the hard-partying Verona Cavaliers dominate the Home Talent League.