What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- David Medaris looks at how Mary Kay Baum has brought together the words Alzheimer's and hope.
- Watchdog: Tracking a year's worth of weapons screening at the Dane County courthouse.
- Joe Tarr details why Madison Ald. Michael Schumacher is so frustrated.
- The Dane County DA responds to a Bill Lueders column.
- Smart Studios is closing, and we have complete coverage as Jessica Steinhoff talks with Butch Vig, Freedy Johnston and other music notables.
- Josh Wimmer previews Tarantara! Tarantara! the "play with music" about Gilbert and Sullivan that's a collaboration between Madison Savoyards and Madison Theatre Guild.
- David Medaris chats with Melissa Gilbert, who's starring in Little House on the Prairie: The Musical at Overture.
- Kyle Nabilcy finds that Bonfyre American Grille has a significant urban vibe.
- Ann Shaffer finds three excellent hot chocolates.
- Close to Home: Andy Moore has a close call on the Interstate at Christmas.
- Tell All advises a parent with a long-haired kid.