What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Mayor Dave Cieslewicz stands up for his city, against a cacophony of criticism.
- We got stacks and stacks of letters...about Bishop Morlino.
- Madison.gov: A look into a botched plan to book a city facility for a wedding.
- Bill Lueders takes a hard look at the nearly invisible race for state attorney general.
- Becky Holmes takes a look at Verse Wisconsin, which takes local poetry into the digital age.
- Jessica Steinhoff checks in with Sunspot as the trio creates a multimedia extravaganza for its new live album.
- Rich Albertoni previews the pumps out feel-good rock Buckcherry will play at WJJO Band Camp.
- Dean Robbins applauds as The Big C on Showtime triumphs over cancer.
- Kimberley Jones finds that Eat Pray Love is a confused take on Elizabeth Gilbert's book, while Scott Renshaw applauds the quirky energy of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
- Linda Falkenstein vows to be wowed by Fiesta 38 on South Park.
- Marcelle Richards comes up with a recipe for a really, really, really chocolate-packed pie.
- David Medaris compares and contrasts Bike the Barns and Ride the Drive.
- Tell All laments a world where faking it is the new normal.