What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- The Power of Love: Marline Pearson teaches relationship survival courses to save society. Vikki Kratz reports
- Poetry in prison: Two grad students bring creative writing program to the Oakwood Correctional Institution.
- Charles Sykes opines that the obscenely wealthy are ruining our elections.
- The Wisconsin Triennial shines in new MMoCA space. Stephanie Rearick's new album Democracy defines her passion for art and social justice.
- In food, Erika Janik just can't get enough of that fresh asparagus, while Jerry Minnich reviews Taqueria Guadalajara, and finds it tasty.
- Kent Williams reviews "Home of the Brave," which tells the story of four Iraq War veterans, but leaves out the politics. Shrek the Third? Don't bother.