What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Michael Popke looks at Madison musicians keeping alive the tradition of protest music in this time of war.
- Jacqueline Sutton looks at a promising -- and very expensive -- cancer drug. How much is too much to prolong a person's life?
- Vikki Kratz reports on a bicyclist who was injured by a careless driver -- then ticketed by police.
- Kathleen Falk says we need to stop winking at drinking.
- Could Dane County be a pioneer in the development of promising new biofuels?
- Reviews of Broom Street's latest, and the touring production of Church Basement Ladies.
- Tom Laskin checks in with organizers of the Forward Music Festival.
- Marc Eisen reports on why mayors across the nation see farming as an urban issue.
- A decadent-minded Kyle Nabilcy wants a stiff drink in his dessert.
- Native American arts impress the new Isthmus shopping writer.
- Teamsurvivor gets a dragon boat of its own.