What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Meet Ben Senson, a Memorial High School teacher who builds airplanes, robots, and future engineers.
- Bill Lueders reports on the trouble with Pinzgauers.
- Roger Bybee examines the military's trouble with downplaying soldiers' traumatic brain injuries.
- Folk and country singer Blake Thomas loves both music and drinking.
- Mike Droho finds his artistic side with the Compass Rose.
- Anne Strainchamps samples biodynamic wines and declares them tasty.
- Susan Kepecs checks in with a Laurel Tavern barkeep who's been slinging drinks there since the Reagan years.
- Andy Moore renews his lifeguard certification; it's more uncomfortable than you'd think.
- David Medaris debriefs the DNR's departing wastewater chief.