What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- This week's cover story takes apart the claim that Wisconsin is overtaxed.
- In news, elections get rounded up, and Dave Blaska alienates his neighbors.
- In arts, Tom Laskin introduces us to Tom Carto, the Overture Center's new head honcho.
- Kent Williams laces up his skates to review Blades of Glory. Other reviews: The Namesake and The Lookout.
- The new Kids & Parents explores chess as child's play.
- Jerry Minnich reviews classic Madison eateries (Mmmm...Dotty's).
- And last, but certainly not least, Mr. Right explores the term "reverse cowgirl."