What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Bill Lueders reports on the death of neighborhood playground programs.
- Madison Mayor Dave Cieslewicz tells why he ain't afraid of no Democratic convention fight.
- Madisonians tell stories to David Medaris about their remembrances of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. four decades ago.
- Kent Williams celebrates the tenth anniversary of the Wisconsin Film Festival and looks at ten gonzo docs hitting the screens this year.
- Heart attack? What heart attack? Robert J. releases two albums.
- An indoor stage will start a new era for American Players Theatre.
- Jerry Minnich savors the pasta and cannoli at Café la Bellitalia.
- David Medaris recalls the life of Milt McPike, the late principal who put East High on the map.