What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Isthmus staffers give thanks to Mom, the Dane County GOP and the man who penned the 22nd Amendment.
- Bill Lueders investigates complaint against county worker and the implosion of recycling markets.
- Jason Shepard looks at the Dane County 911 center in wake of the latest botched response.
- Ruth Conniff urges working people not to turn on each other as economy nosedives.
- David Medaris profiles Laura Schwendinger, the UW School of Music composer who has made quite a name for herself.
- Rich Albertoni checks in with Madison reggae outfit Natty Nation, who just returned from a tour of military bases in Bahrain, Kyrgystan and other far-off lands.
- Jessica Steinhoff talks to Sharon Jones, the soul and funk singer who's reviving old sounds with The Dap-Kings.
- Jerry Minnich greeks it up a notch at Plaka Taverna & Ouzeria.
- David Medaris previews what's in store for winter sports lovers: pond hockey has already hit the ice, Madison Speed Skating Club will host the North American Short-Track Championships, and Elver Park is getting snow-making equipment.
- Wreath your door in heavenly peace.