What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Aaron R. Conklin reports on exciting, uncertain times for Madison videogame developers.
- Madison.gov asks when -- or if -- Gov. Walker will fill Joe Parisi's Assembly seat.
- Dems, unions cry foul over continued restrictions of state Capitol access.
- Phil Busse digs into why school gardens are all the rage.
- Ruth Conniff examines the GOP's anti-public-school agenda.
- Josh Wimmer tweeted Charter Communications when he got lousy service, and he was surprised by the results.
- Jessica Steinhoff profiles Frank Busch, the Mighty Short Bus singer who won Triple M's Project M contest.
- Rich Albertoni says Lucinda Williams is calm on the outside even as her music is passionate and focused.
- Dean Robbins can't believe how delighted everyone is by the current season of American Idol.
- Scott Renshaw regrets that Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is a cumbersome mess, while Marjorie Baumgarten finds Certified Copy a puzzle of a love story.
- Close to Home: Andy learns about heavy equipment, and why friends don't let friends read Craigslist.