What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- The Comeback Kids: In this week's cover story, "Wildife Gone Wild," Brian McCombie reports on the population boom among recently endangered species such as bald eagles and wolves.
- And let's not overlook our smaller animal brethren, in this case lice. In Kids & Parents, Mary Ellen Gabriel tells a harrowing tale of her experiences trying to tame the tiny livestock.
- In arts, opinionated critic Susan Kepecs offers a guided tour through the Overture Center and Wisconsin Union Theater seasons.
- At the Chazen Museum of Art, photographer Michael Kienitz's "Small Arms" captures kids in war-torn areas.
- 'Tis the season for game-day guzzling: Sports writer Jason Joyce shares some great local hangouts.
- And if you like eating and happen to be heading for the Windy City, you're in luck: Food critic Raphael Kadushin has some great Flatlander food finds for you.