What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Roger Bybee examines the long, slow and preventable death of the auto industry in Wisconsin.
- Vikki Kratz asks whether the Humane Society is giving pitbulls a bad rap.
- Bill Lueders mines the unanswered questions in the murder of Joel Marino.
- Dick Wagner challenges Rick Berg's dismissive assessment of commuter rail.
- Madison poet laureate Fabu is boldly political.
- Tom Laskin gets the blues at the Bellville American Music Festival.
- Andy Moore skewers Ultimate Frisbee
- The goods are great at Gotham Bagels, declares Raphael Kadushin.
- Sally Franson reports from Wigs Too, purveyors of the very finest in fake hair.
- David Medaris meets a UW botanist who has struck the right balance between work and outdoor fun.