What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- It's your 2009 Wisconsin Film Festival! April 2-5 in downtown Madison. The complete guide is now in print, exclusively in this week's Isthmus. Tickets go on sale Saturday.
- Linda Falkenstein reports on how Wisconsin's lack of regulations makes it a haven for unscrupulous dog breeders.
- Bill Lueders looks into the strange case of the renter who got cleaned out -- by accident!
- Bill Lueders finds that Capital Newspapers remains surprisingly profitable amidst ongoing cutback and layoffs.
- Lynn Welch reports on the future of the UW's Sustainability Center
- Rick Berg puts blame on Democrats for the economic bust.
- Jessica Steinhoff grooves to the ambient sounds of Peaking Lights.
- Rich Albertoni profiles music veteran Tom Hanson, who's landing songs on network television.
- Our film buffs review Watchmen and Wendy and Lucy.
- A unique statewide camp take kids beyond pine cone napkin holders.
- Cafe Soleil's new menu reflects the bounty of local farmers.
- Tell All: Why does my boyfriend laugh during orgasms?