What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Erik Gunn looks into whether Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce is hurting the state's business climate.
- Bill Lueders reports on a prison doc who says being honest cost him his job.
- Vikki Kratz finds that a little gain spells a lot of pain for one disabled resident.
- Madison school board member Ed Hughes weighs in on what can be done -- really -- about school equity.
- A look at this season's offerings from American Players Theatre.
- Local bands lament the high price of gas as summer tours get underway.
- Jerry Minnich checks out Alchemy, the bar and restaurant that has opened in the former home of Wonders Pub.
- Sally Franson samples the wares at the retro chic boutique Iconi Interiors.
- David Medaris meets some serious outdoorsmen who are serious about not harming the outdoors.