Through Oct. 20, WEAC spent:
- $539,660 on into the 43rd Assembly District to support freshman Dem Rep. Kim Hixson in his re-match with Republican Debi Towns.
- The 47th Assembly District north of metro Madison, where it spent $513,132 supporting Dem Trish O'Neil and opposing Republican Keith Ripp.
- The 68th Assembly District in Eau Claire, where it spent $406,322 supporting Dem Kristen Dexter and opposing GOP Rep. Terry Moulton.
- The 96th Assembly District of southwestern Wisconsin, where it spent $364,382 supporting Dem Dale Klemme and opposing GOP Rep. Lee Nerison.
- The 2nd Assembly District near Green Bay, where it spent $276,488 supporting Dem Ted Zigmunt and opposing GOP Rep. Frank Lasee.
WEAC won three of the five (Hixson, Dexter, Zigmunt). But the point is - half a million dollars per Assembly race? Assembly districts contain only 55,000 people. That's $10 bucks for every man, woman, and child!