For our April meeting, the East Side History Club presents:
Monks in our Midst! History & Future of Frank Allis House/San Damiano
Saturday April 18, note: 2–4 pm
Meet at Pinney Branch Library, 204 Cottage Grove Road
$2 suggested donation
Ann Waidelich will discuss the Frank W. Allis House, now known as San Damiano, on Monona Drive. Constructed in 1888, it was given to the Norbertine Fathers in 1928 for use as a novitiate. The fate of the property is uncertain.