Sunday, April 2, 2017, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Veterinary Medicine Building, 2015 Linden Drive
The UW School of Veterinary Medicine and UW Veterinary Care invite you to join us for our 2017 Open House!
Get an inside look at life-saving clinical care, world-class veterinary medical education, cutting-edge biomedical research, and the intricate connection between animal and human health. Featuring a walking tour of the hospital, live animals, presentations, interactive booths, and activities for kids.
Open house visitors will also have the chance to:
- Interact with animals
- Hear what it takes to get into veterinary medical school
- Learn about UW Veterinary Care’s 23 specialties — more than any other clinic in Wisconsin — including dentistry, cardiology, neurology, oncology, pathology, zoological medicine, and more.
- Get an “inside look” at animals by using an arthroscope, endoscope, or laparoscope
- Learn about comparative anatomy by examining radiographs and animal skeletons
- Practice pet first aid
- Hang out with Pet Pals therapy dogs and police dogs
- Learn how veterinarians protect public health, locally and globally
- And much more!