The Madison Alcohol License and Review Committee will meet Wednesday, May 21, at 5:30 p.m. As detailed in its agenda (PDF), here are some of the new establishments seeking licenses and other key orders of business.
The lengthy agenda for this month's meeting is in part taken up with a number of establishments seeking sidewalk cafe permits or an increase in the size of an existing sidewalk cafe. There's a cluster near the east corner of Capitol Square, including Maduro, the Tipsy Cow, the Rigby, and Francisco's Cantina on the 100 block of East Main Street, where road reconstruction will result in more sidewalk space. Around the corner on the 100 block of King Street, where the road is likewise being reconstructed, Woof's and Madison's are also seeking increased sidewalk capacity. At the Gateway Mall off Blair Street, Bandung is requesting a one-day only expansion of its outdoor service capacity to 250 (for tent service in the parking lot, during the newly-relocated-to-the-area Rhythm & Booms). O.S.S. on Regent Street is requesting new sidewalk patio space, which the MPD requests not be permissible on Wisconsin football Saturdays, when it would impede traffic flow; Brews Brothers on the west side is also requesting permission for a new patio area.
Other licenses are being requested for:
- Oliver's, a new contemporary American restaurant to be located at 2540 University Ave. with an opening planned for Labor Day.
- El Burrito Loco, a new brick and mortar restaurant from the people behind the long-running Capitol Square food cart.
- Cambridge Winery, a new wine bar at 1001 S. Whitney Way, associated with a new winery in Cambridge, with an anticipated opening in September.
- One Barrel Brewing, which currently is licensed as a brew pub but would like to add a small, local, high-end liquor selection to its offerings.
- Kabul, displaced from its former digs with the construction of the Hub apartment development, and seeking to transfer its existing license across the street to 540 State St., where renovation of the second-floor space continues.