Eagle Heights Community Gardens has space available for both UW-Madison students and other growers of the community. It is located right off the bike path at 3016 Lake Mendota Dr.
F.H. King Students for Sustainable Agriculture is a student garden organization within and funded by the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Students and other volunteers maintain 1.75 acres of vegetables, herbs, and fruit at Eagle Heights Community Gardens as well as host garden and food workshops for the community. F.H. King also has a small vegetable and herb rooftop garden on top of the Pyle Center on campus.
F.H. King's student garden produces over 2,900 pounds of produce each year. Of that, 75% of the produce is given away at Harvest Handouts, a free distribution program that takes place every Friday at East Campus Mall from June until October. While aimed at members of the University, it is free to all. The other 25% is donated to the Community Action Coalition of South Central Wisconsin.
View images of the mid-summer harvest in the gallery.