Our goal is simple, even if the task itself seems daunting: A day in the life of Madison.
Isthmus hopes to chronicle what happens on a typical day in Madison -- big news, small details and everything in between -- by collecting glimpses into the lives of the people who live, work and play here from 6 a.m. on Friday, September 21, to 6 a.m. on Saturday, September 22.
Isthmus reporters will be dispatched to write, take photos, tweet and/or capture video from around the city throughout that 24-hour period, but that will only scratch the surface of what's happening, so we're asking for your help.
Isthmus would love it if you would participate in this project -- codename: #MyMadisonDay -- by sharing what happens during a day in your life or the life of your business, organization, department, school or team. Consider this a license to capture a few (or seven or eight) glimpses of what happens on that day and share it with thousands of Isthmus readers. We hope that by doing so, in concert with a bunch of others in our network of contributors, we will create a very cool, fun and fascinating collection of observations from every walk of life, ordinary mixed right in with extraordinary.
How can you chip in? There are many ways.
- Do you use Twitter? Simply use the hashtag #MyMadisonDay when tweeting. Photos encouraged!
- Do you use Instagram or Flickr? Same deal: use #MyMadisonDay.
- Post your contribution on our Facebook page: facebook.com/isthmusmadison.
- YouTube videos are great. You can use the #MyMadisonDay hashtag there as well. Tweet a link, post it to our Facebook page or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email your blurb, photos, links to YouTube videos to email@example.com
- Invite your friends, family, coworkers to do the same!
We'll pull all that great stuff into a live blog at isthmus.com, which will be updated throughout the entire 24-hour period. We'll borrow heavily from that blog to pull together a huge package for the issue of Isthmus that hits the streets on September 27.
If you have any questions or ideas, we're all ears! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.