Madison's afternoon newspaper The Capital Times announced on February 7 that it would be ceasing daily publication after more than 90 years of operation. Starting at the end of April, the business will end its run and convert into a pair of weekly tabloid newspapers with daily online reporting. These changes are a major transformation in both the region's media landscape as well as the broader industry.
Isthmus and The Daily Page coverage and commentary on these changes follow:
- Capital Times' loss could be Wisconsin State Journal's gain
- The Capital Times exodus begins
- A tear for The Capital Times: Be sad, and mad, over the loss of Madison's afternoon daily
- Ron McCrea backs changes at The Capital Times
- Do you believe in reincarnation? The Capital Times retires
- Madison reacts to Cap Times refit: Fans, haters, bloggers, and media watchers comment on daily's demise
- On the death of The Capital Times
- The Capital Times: Still kickin'
The spectrum of media is constantly changing, and this is the biggest shift in the Madison market in decades.