Note that Madison Mayor Dave Cieslewicz had breakfast with Ald. Larry Palm this morning, but his office isn't saying where. Hmmm....
I'm told people like bullet points in posts like this, so here goes:
- The mayor is meeting on Monday to discuss high-speed rail. Allow me to state for the record that a high-speed rail line connecting Madison to Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis would be the best thing this state has done since it got out of the dog track business.
- The mayor is serving as a "Celebrity Server" at Lapham Elementary's holiday luncheon on Monday. No offense, but the biggest celebrity at my elementary school was Orvis, the janitor. No one can compete with that floor buffing machine that looks like a Zamboni.
- Julie Genovese is on the schedule for Friday. She's running for Dane County's Branch 13, which Judge Michael Nowakowski is leaving.
- UW-Madison Chancellor Biddy Martin is having her holiday party at the Mechanical Engineering Building? That will either be the best or worst holiday party ever, depending on how much access party goers have to the labs.
- Al Schumacher will meet with the mayor on Friday, just after we get our first major winter storm of the season. Better make sure the mayor's commute goes smoothly that morning, Al.
MAYOR CIESLEWICZ WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Monday, December 8, 2008
8:00 a.m. Breakfast with Alder Larry Palm
9:00 a.m. Secretary Frank Busalacchi, Chris Klein, Mark Wolfgram, Rod Clark, Ron Adams, Randy Wade, Larry Nelson, Brad Murphy, Mark Olinger, David Trowbridge, Ray Harmon regarding High Speed Rail (Mayor's Conf. Room)
10:55 a.m. Celebrity Server at the 19th Annual Lapham Elementary School Holiday Luncheon
12:30 p.m. Policy Staff Meeting (Mayor's Conf. Room)
3:00 p.m. Dr. Tom Schlenker, Janet Piraino (Mayor's Office)
4:30 p.m. Grand Opening Celebration for Sequoya Branch of Madison Public Library
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
11:00 a.m. Department and Division Heads Meeting (MMB 260)
2:00 p.m. Pam Williamson and Policy Staff - Appointments to City boards, committees and commissions (Mayor's Conf. Room)
4:00 p.m. Larry Barta, Tom Lynch, Larry Nelson, David Dryer, Robert McDonald, Rob Phillips, Dan McCormick, David Trowbridge, Brad Murphy, Ray Harmon regarding Verona Road/West Beltline project (Mayor's Conf. Room)
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
8:00 a.m. Economic Development Director final interviews (Mayor's Conf. Room) 10:00 a.m. 1000 Friends of Wisconsin Board Meeting (Bunky's Café) 2:30 p.m. Economic Development Director final interviews (Mayor's Conf. Room) 5:00 p.m. Chancellor Biddy Martin's Holiday Celebration (Mechanical Engineering Building)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
8:30 a.m. Welcome at Neighborhood Resource Teams Retreat (Warner Park Recreation Center)
9:00 a.m. Major Projects Work Group (DPII) Meeting
11:00 a.m. Maribeth Witzel-Behl, Mario Mendoza, Janet Piraino (Mayor's Office)
2:00 p.m. Chief Noble Wray, Joel Plant (Mayor's Office)
5:00 p.m. NBC 15's Share Your Holidays Grand Finale phone bank (Alliant Energy Center, Exhibition Hall)
Friday, December 12, 2008
8:30 a.m. Julie Genovese
10:00 a.m. Al Schumacher, Ray Harmon (Mayor's Office)
11:00 a.m. Common Council Leadership Meeting (Mayor's Conf. Room)
2:00 p.m. John Noreika, Bill Arthur, Ingrid Kundinger, Ann Albert, Michelle Godfrey, Earl Thayer, Mark Olinger, Bill Clingan, Joel Plant (Mayor's Conf. Room)
3:30 p.m. Mark Olinger, Ray Harmon (Mayor's Office)
7:30 p.m. Cameo appearance in Children's Theater of Madison's 33rd run of "A Christmas Carol" (Overture Center's Capitol Theater)