Over the long holiday weekend, the 2006 National Champion Badger men's hockey team broke a six game losing streak with a victory over number six-ranked Michigan State at the Kohl Center on Saturday, Nov. 25. One fan attending the game captured "a few good hits" and set it to the UW band playing "Here Comes the King" (a.k.a. "The Bud Song").
The brief highlights video follows below, along with several more clips from Badger men's hockey games at the Kohl Center.
Another fan offers up a virtual game -- or at least the experience from the stands that goes beyond watching the game -- with six videos from the Kohl Center:
- The first clip captures the opening 30 seconds of a game.
- The second video depicts the Badgers trying to score on a power play.
- The very short third clip shows the student section completinga power play cheer.
- The fourth clip features a bit of youth hockey between the second and third periods.
- The fifth clip shows the student section dancing to "Tequila."
- The sixth and final clip returns full circle with "The Bud Song."
Want more? There's plenty of it, including five more videos of the songs and cheers at a typical Badger hockey game, or in this case, an October one against North Dakota. This includes two clips of more student section dancing (here and here), a longer video of the band performing "Tequila," and another clip with a full performance of "The Bud Song." Last, but certainly not least, is this video featuring the entire arena giving the Sieve cheer to North Dakota's goalie. More details are available in a short glossary to Wisconsin hockey published by Isthmus during last spring's title run.