What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- David Medaris finds that the building boom is going strong in downtown Madison despite the economy.
- Bill Lueders probes a murder mystery involving a hawk.
- Tim Wong lays out the case against a Metro bus fare increase.
- Kent Williams slams Oscar speeches and picks his favorites and likely winners of the awards.
- Rich Albertoni grooves to the freak beat poetry of Venice Gas House Trolley.
- Jessica Steinhoff chats with The Appleseed Cast in advance of a show at the High Noon.
- Jay Rath reports on Madison Rep's dwindling season and the UW's travel film series.
- Kenneth Burns reviews The Pool, a fictional film by Milwaukee documentarian Chris Smith.
- Adam Powell relates the ups and downs of dining at Bucatini.
- Andy Moore competes in the Ice-capades on the near east side.
- Jason Joyce considers the rivalry between Wisconsin and Denver men's hockey.