What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Bill Lueders delivers another rousing round of Cheap Shots to close.
- Joe Tarr scopes out the key issues of 2010 for Madison, Dane County, and the Madison Metropolitan School District.
- David Blaska doles out large amounts of figgy pudding!
- Brian Strassburg recaps a "Mad City" 2009.
- Isthmus arts critics look back on 2009's hits and misses.
- Jay Rath reports that the Statue of Liberty is coming back for another stint on Lake Mendota.
- Rich Albertoni shines the spotlight on his choice for New Year's Eve concerts around Madison.
- Jessica Steinhoff previews the New Year's Eve performance at the Orpheum by Kid Sister.
- Dean Robbins moans that The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty on A&E outdoes itself in tackiness.
- Scott Renshaw says that Up in the Air is flush with old-school movie charm, and that there are simple pleasures to be had in Meryl Streep's It's Complicated.
- Close to Home: Andy Moore ponders on when you can't go home for the holidays.
- Isthmus food writers look back at the year in Madison restaurants, and some of their favorite gustatory memories, circa 2009.
- Tell All scoffs at the latest technology.