What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- David Medaris takes gets to the bottom of the water towers among us.
- Vikki Kratz sizes up the six candidates for 81st Wisconsin Assembly District.
- Bill Lueders defends Mayor Dave's green neighborhood plan.
- John Mendels(s)ohn lets loose on morning television news.
- Tom Laskin evaluates a batch of new albums by Madison musicians.
- John Barker looks back at the opening concert of the Token Creek Chamber Music Festival.
- American Players Theatre mounts The Belle's Stratagem, a seldom-staged 18th-century classic.
- Africana Restaurant and Lounge on Atwood brings a West African menu worth experimenting with to the near east side.
- The Pink Poodle is a consignment shop to please your inner girlie-girl (but guys, too, are welcome).
- Intrepid banjo-man Andy Moore finds the Chicago suburbanites a tough crowd.
- David Medaris asks the State Parks folks about the progress made in restoring Parfrey's Glen and the 400 State Trail after devastating floods in June.