The fundraiser featured spectacular array of specialty foods and drinks from some 20 restaurants and other sources for eats. These included Bruegger's Bagels, Capital Brewery, Captain Bill's, Casbah, Chocolate Shoppe, Edible Arrangements, Firefly, Fork & Spoon Cafe (RP Pasta), Gail Ambrosius Chocolatier, George's Chop House, Java Cat, Lombardino's, Marigold Kitchen, Monona Catering, Pedros, Pepsi, WI Distributors, Willy Street Co-op and Wollersheim Winery. The ballroom at the terrace was crowded, as the event sold out early with more than 500 attendees sampling the offerings.
Here are the favorite foods and drinks of the Big Eat, as selected by ticket holders at the party:
- Favorite Appetizer: Firefly -- Sushi, Chicken Satay, Pork Potsticker
- Favorite Entree: Marigold -- Braised Short Ribs with Parsnip Puree
- Favorite Dessert: Monona Catering -- Petite Gourmet Desserts
- Favorite Ethnic Dish: The Casbah -- Dolmas
- Favorite Vegetarian Dish: The Casbah -- Dolmas
- Favorite Beverage: Pedros -- Margaritas on the Rocks
- Favorite Creative Presentation: Edible Arrangements -- Strawberries and Apples dipped in Chocolate
- Favorite Friendliest Staff: Captain Bill's -- Captain Bill's Award Winning Clam Chowder
Music was provided by The Dave Stoler Trio, who kept the crowd smiling and swinging through the fundraiser. A few photos from the event can be found in the gallery at right.