The race to fill the recently vacated 48th Assembly District seat effectively closes on Tuesday, and with the end of every election comes election night parties. The July 12 election is a Democratic primary; however, because no Republicans or independents have filed in the race, the winner of the primary will not face an official challenge in the general election on August 9.
All parties will be held in various locations around Monona and the east side of Madison. Come election night, here's where supporters can find the candidates who are vying for the seat vacated by Dane County Executive Joe Parisi:
- Fred Arnold will be at his campaign headquarters in the First Weber building at 4706 Cottage Grove Road.
- Dave de Felice will be at a supporter's home for a cookout at 3534 Margaret St.
- Andy Heidt will be at Talula.
- Bethany Ordaz will be at the Great Dane-East.
- Vicky Selkowe will be at the Harmony Bar.
- Chris Taylor will be at Angelo's.
All parties will get started after the polls close at 8 p.m.