Voters in six state senate districts will cast votes in recall elections Tuesday. The results will be closely watched not just around the state, but around the country, as observers attempt to gauge voter response to Republican Gov. Scott Walker's policies. All senators facing recall today are Republicans, while two senate Democrats will face recall on August 16.
August 9 recalls:
- District 32 (La Crosse area): Sen. Dan Kapanke vs. Rep. Jennifer Shilling
- District 14 (Central Wisconsin, north of Madison): Sen. Luther Olsen vs. Rep. Fred Clark
- District 18 (Fond du Lac area): Sen. Randy Hopper vs. Jessica King
- District 10 (Northwest Wisconsin): Sen. Sheila Harsdorf vs. Shelly Moore
- District 8 (Northern Milwaukee suburbs): Sen. Alberta Darling vs. Rep. Sandy Pasch
- District 2 (Green Bay area): Sen. Robert Cowles vs. Nancy Nusbaum
Follow live tweets and discussion of the recall elections here.
For users with mobile devices, simply download the CoverItLive app and search for "Madison."