The largest crowd ever to attend a hoops game in the history of the state witnessed the Badger men's basketball team defeat Marquette in Milwaukee by a close score of 70-66. The rivalry between the two biggest collegiate basketball programs in the state goes back decades, with Wisconsin building upon its series lead of 62 to 51 games in this 113th meeting between the schools. One Golden Eagles fan shot numerous videos of the game and surrounding scene, capturing everything from its opening to taunts of Badgers fans to the Marquette student section.
The brief video of the tip off, along with eight others from the game, follows below.
That's only one taste of the game. Here are the other eight videos from inside the Bradley Center:
- The first video depicts an active Marquette student section booing the arrival of the Badgers.
- The very brief second clip shows a long Badger fan getting taunted in that section.
- The next clip shows both teams warming up before the game.
- The fourth video depicts Marquette students singing their school song.
- The next video is dominated by sounds of the increasingly excited crowd as tip off approaches.
- The sixth clip shows more crowd excitement and the entry of Marquette's cheering squad.
- The most extensive clip is the seventh, featuring the introduction of both team's starting five.
- The eighth and finalvideo shows a Marquette time-out during the game.